Closing Date: March 10, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Term | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Additional Working Conditions & Notes:
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Ability to travel.
Subject to final budgetary approval.
$59,643.00 - $77,536.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Design, plan, and execute research activities and research assessment criteria.
- Lead data collection, designing interview questions for participant interviews, manage interviews, and oversee qualitative and quantitative data analysis. Head the dissemination of findings.
- Provide advice on all aspects of the research program to the Principal Investigator.
- Recruit and oversee day-to-day work of all staff assigned to project.
- Delegate project work to achieve goals and objectives within expected timeline, while providing motivation to drive performance.
- Lead weekly meetings with research team for status updates, to evaluate needs and to advise team through obstacles and challenges.
- Grow the team's skills and abilities to achieve goals through setting high expectations, training and coaching all project staff.
- Coordinate and execute project deliverables.
- Write program applications, conduct research interviews, design research evaluation criteria, recruit partners and participants, research and develop fair and transparent practices.
- Develop, implement, and direct the measurement, monitoring, and evaluation of all research program activities to assess and ensure impact.
- Lead and present project results and findings to stakeholders and/or co-author research publications.
- Develop and maintain new trusting relationships interacting with stakeholders, partners, internal and external authorities that are critical to the achievement of program goals.
- Communicate and ensure adherence of the daily research program activities and long-term plans to existing ethical, legal, and funding policies.
- Assess existing practices and research tools in place and enhancing project efficiency where possible.
- Oversee and balance overall project budget.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-secondary education in a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience operating in a research environment.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent research skills including, but not limited to, the ability to design interview questions and surveys, recruit participants, administer surveys, conduct interviews, analyze qualitative and quantitative data, succinctly summarize results and communicate findings.
- Knowledge of the sector - preventing violence against women, supporting women experiencing violence and promoting gender equity.
- Familiarity with online communication platforms (Zoom, Teams etc.) and proficient using survey and research software.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills to meet deadlines and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Verbal and written proficiency in French and English is considered an asset.
- Ability to travel to meet with stakeholders in different provinces.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION