The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Education Coordinator, Promise Partnership with the Office of the Vice-President Saint John. This is a 3-year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $44,556 - $55,695 per annum.
The Education Coordinator, Promise Partnership is a community-minded leader able to coordinate, streamline, and enhance the local elementary, middle school, and high school offerings. The Coordinator will also support the Managing Director in expanding the program elsewhere in New Brunswick.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee day-to-day operations of the elementary, middle, and high school offerings.
- Supervise between 1-3 staff.
- Help recruit, interview, train, and support 100+ UNB students as Promise Partnership tutors and mentors.
- Collaborate closely with the Office of Experiential Education and the Youth Enrichment Coordinator.
- Coordinate logistical tasks related to budgets, student transportation, food arrangements, billing, etc.
- Establish and foster strong relationships with community schools, teachers, and other external partners.
- Identify and collaborate with other community-based programs offering complementary support in community schools.
- Research and help design new program offerings, in collaboration with program staff, local schools and community partners.
- Research and help design training offerings for UNB students.
- Support the Managing Director with program evaluation.
- Support the Managing Director and other staff with the growth of the program, especially in digital literacy and with expansion elsewhere in the province.
- College diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- 5 years of direct experience managing youth-related programs and/or community-outreach programs.
- Demonstrable experience with program development and delivery.
- Demonstrable experience managing participant logistics and risk.
- Creative and motivated.
- Highly organized.
- Comfortable in social settings and establishing new relationships.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working across ecosystems.
Closing date for applications is March 2, 2023 at 4:30 PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.