Closing Date: March 1, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Part-Time | 6-Month Term (Possibility of Extension) | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Shift Work | 10 hours per week
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Identify appropriate statistical tests/analyses to answer research questions identified in the CIHR proposal using theoretically driven applied statistical approaches.
- Determine and support appropriate data cleaning and data preparation procedures.
- Complete data stewardship functions, including data validation to ensure its accuracy.
- Conduct statistical analysis including, but not limited to, descriptive and correlational analysis, PCA, CFA, latent class analysis, person-oriented and variable-oriented longitudinal analysis, advanced statistical modelling, and measure validation.
- Generate, organize, and interpret statistical results.
- Attend regular meetings to support analysis and interpretation and foster team capacity in conducting and understanding statistical analysis.
- Prepare results for publications, presentations, and final reports. Review manuscripts for publication.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Master's degree in biostatistics, applied statistics, or equivalent. A Ph.D. or Post-Doctoral Fellowship would be considered an asset. Graduate students with expertise will be considered.
- Experience in manipulating large data sets, longitudinal analysis, and health data. 3-5 years of experience would be an asset.
- Experience and expertise with IBM SPSS and AMOS or equivalent.
- Submission of written example(s) of previously conducted PCA or CFA analysis.
- Interest in health research will be considered an asset.
- Ability to output, organize and interpret statistical results in reports for diverse audiences.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Well-developed time management skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the non-union Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) group.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION