Closing Date: February 24, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Additional Working Conditions & Notes:
Evening and weekend work required on an on-call basis.
Included in position:
- 1 or 3 bedroom on-campus apartment.
- All-you-care-to-eat meal plan during the academic year.
$61,567.00 - $80,038.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Assess and develop risk management policies and practices for all aspects of Residence.
- Address issues and emergencies that arise within the residence community.
- Act as on-call point of contact for emergency crisis intervention.
- Coordinate Residence's response to behavioural concerns or emergencies occurring in Residence or involving Residence students.
- Intervene with students who have the potential to, or are threatening to, harm themselves or others or are actively harming themselves or others.
- Collaborate with Police, EMTs, staff at local hospitals and other city emergency first responders.
- Provide additional support and training to staff members involved in the crisis.
- Provide leadership in all areas of Residence. Manage a staff of approximately 6 professionals and 100 or more student staff and volunteers.
- Articulate a vision for how Residence can contribute to Student Services and UNB.
- Keep up with and share current emerging developments, trends, practices, and technologies relevant to Residence to ensure optimum service and support are being provided.
- Initiate policy and procedure revisions and changes to meet changing needs.
- Manage personnel, administrative processes (room assignments, billing, programming, training, ongoing staff development, review, and HR oversight), and recruitment process (recruitment efforts, open houses, tours, information sessions, marketing, and online content).
- Conceptualize, develop, implement, and annually review the Residence Strategic Plan.
- Provide the Senior Director with statistical and other operational-related information and reports as required. Contribute to the development and management of the budget for Residence.
- Oversee day-to-day programmatic transactions.
- Ensure that appropriate systems for communication are maintained between all areas of residence such as front desk services, administration, maintenance, cleaning, residence life, and conference activity.
- Create, direct, and maintain a culture in the Residence system that provides a safe, warm, campus culture.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A University Degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of related experience in residence leadership, student/client-centric programming and services, Human Resources Management, budget management, crisis intervention, or related field.
- A Graduate degree would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and dedication to customer service.
- Background/knowledge of the housing sector.
- Excellent performance and operations management skills.
- Ability to keep up with changing deadlines and a demanding work environment.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of EReZLife would be considered an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the non-union Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) group.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION