Closing Date: February 23, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$26.72 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Provide technical and creative expertise and support on behalf of the University for the production of photography, video and live-streaming.
- Act as a technical resource expert assisting UNB faculty, staff, and students in the production of photography, video and live-streaming.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to the University for improving video, live-streaming and photographic production services.
- Keep current with computer software and hardware developments. Troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade media production computer hardware and software.
- Responsible for proper operation, routine maintenance, inventory control, and safekeeping of the equipment in the Multimedia Production area.
- Provides photography in the studio and on-location, including the setup and use of lighting equipment.
- Provides video pre-production and post-production services including, editing, and distribution of digital video from a variety of pre-recorded and live sources.
- Set up and coordinates live-streaming and other events with the Events Team.
- Collaborate in the development of multimedia productions and teaching tools.
- Conceptualizes, analyzes, designs, and composes creative audiovisual productions, including planning for the use of talent, visualization of the script, and the use of graphics for projects created with Adobe Suite.
- Provide assets in the format required for the specific application, which requires proficiency in graphic arts, and multimedia applications such as InDesign, and Adobe CC.
- Work cooperatively with other Media Services staff on varied production projects. Complete media project production work orders for billing purposes.
- Supports data asset management and database maintenance for photography and video.
- Contact clients when work is complete and ensures delivery.
- Make clients comfortable and at ease in a photographic/video production setting.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-Secondary education in Applied Arts, Visual Arts, Photography, Videography, Design, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Strong working knowledge of lighting, lighting equipment, filtering, composition, movement, camera shooting styles, and green screen, as well as technical skills using multiple camera set-ups; and the ability to photograph in challenging settings.
- Knowledge of sound engineering is an asset.
- Proficiency in all aspects of digital video and traditional film production services, camera and related equipment operation, studio and location lighting, and video and audio production techniques.
- Proficiency with a wide range of video production, video streaming, multimedia production software for video and photography production, graphic design, and image processing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the GLTA Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION