Closing Date: March 20, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | 5-YearTerm | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Shift Work | Variable Hours | 36.25 hours per week
Additional Working Conditions & Notes:
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Manage the REDS women's basketball program including student-athletes, trainers, managers, and assistant coaches.
- Prepare daily and weekly practices and competition strategies.
- Advise student-athletes as well as monitor athletics performance: arrange individual athlete meetings to analyze performance as well as to set and help achieve goals.
- Prepare and coordinate all in-season training with Mental Skills Coach, with High-Performance Centre staff, with Nutrition practicum student and on-court small group workouts with Assistant Coaches.
- Prepare and manage team budget, including decisions on Athletic Financial Awards.
- Develop and execute a strategy for recruiting elite student-athletes to the REDS women's basketball program.
- Organize and coordinate one or two fundraising initiatives each year.
- Organize and coordinate all exhibition competitions each year including the annual UNB Exhibition Women's Basketball tournament each year.
- Prepare a year-end report of the women's basketball program and establish new goals for the new season.
- Prepare and monitor off-season training programs.
- Manage the junior reds girls club basketball program.
- Serve as Head Coach of the UNB Women's Basketball Summer Sports Camps.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with UNB Women's Basketball Alumni.
- Attend monthly REDS Athletics Department meetings and other Professional Development meetings throughout the year.
- Develop a complete understanding of U SPORTS Athletic Financial Awards, Eligibility and Recruiting policies.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A University degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in coaching basketball and administering elite-level athletics and programs.
- Basketball Canada "Train to Compete" Certification.
- Certification and a commitment to Safe Sport and Responsible Coaching. ChPC designation is considered a strong asset.
- Ability to work in the university environment and the public at large is essential.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to recruit throughout Canada.
- A desire to build alumni support and commitment to the total development of the student-athlete.
- Experience playing and/or being involved within a high-performance environment is considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the non-union Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) group.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION