Closing Date: February 17, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | 3-Year Term | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$61,608.00 - $80,093.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Schedule meetings with faculty to explore the development of new online programming.
- Foster strategic alliances and strengthen key relationships with stakeholders to build toward the University's strategic aims.
- Assist in the business-casing of new opportunities, including market research and reporting.
- Demo existing CEL online courses and programs as a showcase to instigate future growth in online provision between CEL and Faculties.
- Assist Faculties in the development of any Quality Assurance documentation that might be required as a precursor to the development and launch of new educational products.
- Ensure goals and timelines are met during the development process.
- Participate in appropriate committees, as required.
- Balance pedagogical requirements and 'better practices' with the financial imperatives.
- Provide supervision, training, and guidance to staff assigned to relevant projects in consultation with the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director of CEL.
- Recommend and lead in the development of small-scale research and evaluation projects with Faculties and the dissemination of resulting findings in high-impact academic journals.
- Collaborate with Instructional Designers on new approaches and methodologies of development.
- Proactively seek out state-of-the-art research from high-impact journals on the topic of Lifelong Learning and Post-Secondary online education.
- Participate in processes which help to prioritize project development and retain space for the development of just-in-time learning products.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A Graduate Degree in Education and Policy Planning or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience with experience in leadership and strategic planning.
- A Ph.D. and faculty experience are considered an asset.
- Certification in the provision of Teaching and Learning for Higher Education is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of post-secondary and lifelong learning in international contexts.
- Expertise in education policy.
- Experience with budget preparation.
- Experience in continuing education.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION