Closing Date: March 10, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | 3-Year Term | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$60,650.00 - $78,845.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Manage bi-campus development team. Oversee the annual work plan and performance review process.
- Provide leadership, motivation, coaching, mentoring and professional development for members of the development team.
- Implement strategies for term-based, open-entry, and professional development projects.
- Implement rapid development strategies that also incorporate high levels of quality.
- Sustain and manage relationships with content experts/developers. Provide sound advice, counsel, support, and ongoing communications.
- Collaborate with content experts/developers, faculty, and production team, on the design and development of online and blended courses and course materials.
- Consult and assist with the selection and implementation of technology teaching tools and resources. Identify instructional problems, develop delivery strategies using technology as an instructional tool, and evaluate the effectiveness of delivery.
- Apply and modify various instructional design models and learning theories to develop instructional materials and effective learning environments.
- Interpret and apply current best practices of instructional design in all aspects of course design/development.
- Manage all aspects of the development lifecycle to ensure that processes are completed as required (including time, risk, quality, innovation, and resources management).
- Determine and recommend resources and strategies to be used in the instruction, where appropriate.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of technology-based programs and courses. Advise Director on issues, challenges, solutions, growth opportunities and future directions.
- Champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A University degree in a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in developing adult learning programs in both traditional and non-traditional (e-learning) platforms.
- Three (3) years of team management experience.
- A Masters in Education, Instructional Design, Adult Education, Distance Education OR Education Technology is considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills. Ability to adapt to new technology quickly.
- Experience using LMS (Desire2Learn, Blackboard, Moodle).
- Experience with collaboration tools [File Transfer Protocols (FTP)].
- Multiple Authoring tools (DreamWeaver, HTML).
- In-Depth knowledge of MS Office Suite or equivalent.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the non-union Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) group.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION