Closing Date: February 10, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$18.59 - $22.02 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes work-from-home options.
- Prepare accounting documents to initiate and process financial transactions for faculty members relating to their operating, PEA and/or research accounts. Ensure that the required internal processes are followed.
- Record transactions relating to individual faculty allocations and other specific accounts in the Faculty's internal ledger system as they are initiated.
- Coordinate the purchase of general supplies for the main office and printing rooms and maintain an inventory of supplies on hand.
- Generate reports from various Colleague/Informer modules as required.
- Compile the Faculty's response to the research ranking exercise consultation with the Associate Dean Research & Graduate Studies.
- Coordinate and monitor the faculty's annual UGTA allocation in consultation with the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs.
- Maintain the Faculty's Publications Cabinet.
- Coordinate the production of Dean's List certificates and photoshoots.
- Prepare and format documents such as tests, exams, course outlines, etc. as required.
- Act as Faculty administrative support on a rotational basis. Provide office and telephone reception, respond to general inquiries from staff, faculty, students, and the general public, as well as other associated duties.
- Attend, record, and take minutes for various committees and council meetings.
- Act as a liaison for the Faculty's International Business and Entrepreneurship Centre, Centre for Financial Studies, and Graduate programs where required.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Office Manager or Administrative Coordinator
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor's degree preferred. A combination of education and experience would be considered.
- Two years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and adapt to process changes because of dynamic office demands.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a post-secondary environment would be considered an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION