Closing Date: February 6, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Term Ending May 11, 2024 (Leave Replacement) | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$20.45 - $23.75 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
- Audit and process Travel Claims, Personal Reimbursements, Travel Advances, Petty Cash, vendor invoices,
- Assess tax requirements for HST & GST to ensure correct tax rebates are applied, and process payments to comply with University Policies & Procedures.
- Verify entries posted to the general ledger.
- Shared responsibility for weekly payment runs.
- Provide customer service to Canadian, US and International Companies as well as faculty and staff.
- Note and report any inconsistencies within Colleague Financials to the Manager of Accounts Payable.
- Review and report discrepancies or non-compliance to policies and update reason codes as required.
- Review and recommend changes to relevant policies.
- Backup of other AP Administrator positions as required.
- Other related duties may be assigned from time to time.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business, Accounting, or equivalent professional training and years of experience in the accounting field
- 3 years' relevant and recent experience, including two years of accounting experience working with an online computerized accounting system.
- Hands-on experience with accounts payable.
- Experience using Ellucian/Colleague and knowledge of University policies & procedures would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines as they apply to taxable benefits, GST & HST.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Adobe Pro) is required. Better than average Excel knowledge - to be demonstrated.
- Customer service oriented with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION