Closing Date: February 6, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$20.45 - $23.75 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which work-from-home options.
- Receipt payments, complete loan information sheets, document payments, review account history, accurately discuss account details with the account owner, identify account billing problems through account analysis, and take corrective action, provide current fee information, maintain a balanced cash drawer, and prepare the daily bank deposit.
- Discuss payment plan options with students who are unable to meet the payment deadline and approve an extension or payment plan within established guidelines.
- Collect and record fees from exchange students and act on their behalf as a liaison with the International Student Advisor's Office.
- Accept student International Health Insurance applications and run reports on Insurance charges.
- Receive, review, and import award funds to student accounts.
- Inform and respond to questions about co-op and experiential learning funds.
- Function as the UNB point-person for International Health Insurance and field a wide variety of inquiries from hospitals, doctor's offices, and insured parties.
- Process student loans.
- Collect, record, and monitor exchange student accounts for accurate billing and payments.
- Monthly reconciliation of HST charged on invoices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor of Student Accounts and Receivables.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-Secondary education with a focus on accounting.
- Three years of related experience in a high volume, computerized accounting environment.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience working with accounts and fees in an academic environment a definite asset.
- Experience working in the health and/or health insurance industry a definite asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 products.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Spreadsheet and keyboarding skills.
- Willingness to participate in job-related courses for a computer-oriented and customer service environment.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION