Closing Date: February 17, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | 3-Year Term | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$20.45 - $23.75 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain administrative processes and procedures.
- Maintain records of students in various CMA activities (credit students, music minor, ensembles, etc.).
- Maintain schedule of activities and liaise with the drama and Art Centre representatives.
- Track and assign keys to instructors where appropriate.
- Track attendance and enrollment figures and prepare reports.
- Maintain an active web presence through the CMA web pages and social media.
- Supervise part-time staff such a work-study and summer staff.
- Assist director to develop and administer the MusicUNB concert series which includes schedules, marketing, and artist liaison.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and reports to various funding agencies.
- Order specialized supplies and equipment and maintain office supplies.
- Monitor, create reports, and prepare the initial budget for the Centre.
- Utilize systems to track and monitor budgetary issues and collect statistical information.
- Create contracts for instructors for lessons and musical performers for events.
- Carry out financial transactions, such as payment of lesson fees and concert ticket sales.
- Prepare and process all financial transactions and paperwork (travel expense claims, monthly reconciliations, purchase order requests, invoices, and other related accounting procedures).
- Apply for and produce reports for various grants.
- Act as first point of contact for students, instructors, and community members.
- Provide information and answer inquiries regarding courses and events.
- File and catalogue music, instruments, and other assets of the unit.
- Work with CEL Marketing unit to market concerts and other events and programs. Prepare marketing requests. proof material.
- Act as house manager for concert series and manage volunteers.
- Arrange for piano tunings.
- Organize seminars/workshops and arrange meetings, as required.
- Assist faculty, staff and musician speakers with travel plans and arrangements.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-secondary education in an administrative and/or finance field.
- Minimum 3-5 years' related experience.
- Experience in working with and addressing the needs of the internal and external clients.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Marketing experience is an asset.
- Interest in working in an education and entrepreneurial environment.
- Computer skills (e.g., word processing, database management) preferably in Mac environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks concurrently.
- Familiarity with the University (policies and procedures) and Colleague are recognized assets.
- A solutions-oriented attitude, attention to detail, and a strong ability to multi-task.
- Superior internal/external customer service and strong collaboration skills are required for success.
- Strong interest in music would be an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION