Closing Date: January 30, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$22.02 - $26.05 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes work-from-home options.
- Assist in ongoing process development & improvement. Implement new procedures, develop Standard Operating Procedures, establish work priorities, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Participate in Unit planning and contribute to process development and system changes.
- Supervise, as needed, four full-time staff members and IT Level 1.
- Help oversee the day-to-day function of the main faculty office.
- Consult with various other University units.
- Work with the Director, Advancement and Operations to coordinate faculty events including the Annual Business Awards Dinner, Executive-in-Residence, Encaenia Awards Ceremony, and conferences.
- Coordinate with ITS and/or Facilities Management for any repairs or infrastructure issues.
- As directed by the Director, Advancement and Operations, update and maintain webpages and social media.
- Assist with the development of the FOM's Secure SharePoint site.
- Ensure compliance with all UNB systems, policies and procedures related to finances as well as those of outside funding organizations.
- Assist with travel arrangements & expense claims for visiting speakers and faculty candidates.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of Contract Academic Instructor opportunities in the department and scheduling the Contract Academic Employee Assessment Committee meetings.
- Assist the Dean's Office with recruitment activities.
- Assist the scheduling, organizing, and recording of committees.
- Provide backup support to the Dean's Executive Assistant and oversee special projects.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration/Office Management. A university degree would be an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years' suitable administrative experience at a significant level of responsibility. A minimum of two years' supervisory experience in an office environment.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (oral and written) along with interpersonal skills. Must be able to deal with people effectively and efficiently in a positive manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships is a necessity.
- Detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously with a high level of accuracy.
- Possess excellent time-management skills, and be self-motivated, mature, responsible, and dependable.
- Able to exercise judgment, show initiative, and demonstrate abilities to identify and to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently, identify & achieve priority objectives, & fulfill assigned tasks without supervision.
- Must possess excellent organizational & administrative skills, and a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Familiar with Colleague and UNB's policies and Procedures considered an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION