Closing Date: January 23, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$18.59 - $22.02 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, minimum three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Perform the tasks needed to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office; this includes serving as the first contact person for each journal and the certificate program, maintaining various filing systems, and handling daily correspondence and email.
- Maintain and organize the journals' databases for their subscribers, contributors, and inventories, as well as student records for the certificate program.
- Assist with financial matters: prepare invoices and financial forms, keep track of receivables and payables, make deposits, and assist on the budgets and financial reports.
- Maintain records of stock of back issues and books, fill orders, and assist distributors.
- Assist in the administration of the certificate program and journals' internet resources, including social media sites.
- Process and log-in submissions, tracking their progress through the editing process.
- Organize and perform tasks related to subscription mail-outs of the journals.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of journal subscription drives, course promotion campaigns, or other events that support or promote the journals and the certificate.
- Assist in the preparation of grant applications and reports, update directory listings, and serve as telephone proxy.
- Assist when needed, in the pre-press production of the journals (including layout and typesetting) as well as design of brochures, flyers and other print marketing materials.
- Assist in organizing occasional workshops and conferences sponsored by the journals.
- Help manage each journal's website, including entering updates and changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Two-year college diploma in office/business administration.
- One to three years related experience.
- Strong computer skills and a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Good problem solving, time management and record keeping skills.
- Be able to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
- Strong ability to work as a team.
- Experience working with content management systems and social media platforms (Submittable, Open Journal Systems, Drupal, Facebook, Twitter).
- Familiarity with Sage50 Pro Accounting, FileMaker Pro, Photoshop or InDesign.
- Interest in contemporary Canadian literature and Atlantic Canadian history.
- Working knowledge of French.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION