Closing Date: January 19, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$45,395.00 - $56,751.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, minimum three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Responsible for ongoing success and continued advancement of Central Booking Office.
- Manage workflow for the 2 booking Coordinators who process high volume of inquiries in Central Booking Office.
- Manage workflow for the Accommodations Coordinator and the 50+ student staff.
- Manage complex projects related to Central Booking Office.
- Maintain open and consistent lines of communication between Conference Services and facilities, cleaning, maintenance, and res life staff as well as other key contacts internally and externally.
- Deliver comprehensive training program for student staff in April as well as ongoing training and development throughout summer.
- Process financials associated with all business units including daily deposits, internal transfers, and requests for external invoices.
- Manage and provide recommendations on annual budgeting in Conference Services including producing financial reports and tracking revenue and expenses for each business unit and special projects.
- Create quarterly projection/forecasting documentation for all units within Conference Services to be used in annual planning with the SR Director.
- Conduct an annual comprehensive review of each business unit operations and make recommendations for policy and procedure changes based on the results of this review.
- Manage the creation of tracking of important key performance indicators through data manipulation and interpretation using Kx.
- Manage the creation of tracking of important key performance indicators through data manipulation and interpretation using the booking software and other metrics.
- Coordinate event approvals for outdoor space, filming on campus, student groups, fundraising, events involving animals, events with alcohol and other complex events or events that involve risk mitigation and or other departments.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor of Business in Business Administration with a major in Accounting.
- 3-5 years of experience in a complex business environment.
- 3-5 years of experience working with invoices and financial data, reconciling financial information, and managing multiple tasks.
- Experience managing staff in client service.
- Confidence in implementing change and a demonstrated commitment to supporting an entrepreneurial, client services focused organizational culture.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence are critical to success in this role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
WHO WE ARE:
Student Services is amongst UNB's leading forces behind the realization of Goal One under the university's strategic plan to provide an exceptional and transformative student experience. The Conferences Services also supports the other four goals of the strategic plan, especially financial resilience, and responsibility.
Conference Services is an entrepreneurial division that provides meeting, event and accommodation facilities and services to internal and external clients. The proceeds from our operation fund student services, programs, and facilities. Our team focuses on best-in-class service to clients and delegates across our five business units: Accommodations, Central Booking Office, Wu Conference Centre, Event Management Services, and Special Event Planning.
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION