Closing Date: January 13, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$20.45 - $23.75 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, minimum three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work from home options.
- Audit & pay supplier invoices.
- Process travel advances & claims and personal reimbursements. Manage petty cash.
- Ensure Travel and Reimbursement Log is kept updated with details of claims.
- Review and recommend changes to relevant policies.
- Provide customer Service to Canadian, US, and International Companies as well as faculty and staff.
- Key vouchers in database. Verify entries posted to the general ledger.
- Note and report any inconsistencies within the financials database to the Manager of Accounts Payable.
- Assist other AP Administrator positions as required, including (but not limited to) vendor payments and weekly payments runs.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-Secondary Diploma in Business, Accounting, or the equivalent professional training and years of experience in the accounting field.
- Three years relevant and recent experience, including two years accounting experience working with an on-line computerized accounting system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word, Adobe Pro) are required.
- Experience using Ellucian/Colleague would be an asset.
- Knowledge of University policies & procedures would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) guidelines as they apply to taxable benefits, GST & HST.
- Customer service oriented with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail and deadline oriented.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION