Closing Date: January 17, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$20.45 - $23.75 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, minimum three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work from home options.
- Track expenses and revenues on the department accounts.
- Prepare account information for faculty and the department including opening and amending accounts.
- Prepare and process Staff Change Forms.
- Work with faculty to prepare post-doctoral fellow and research assistant financial offers.
- Manage requests for payment forms, travel expense claims, and ensure all proper documentation is provided.
- Provide feedback to departments regarding allowable expenses.
- Prepare journal entries as required.
- Maintain student files financial and academic documentation.
- Provide direction and instruction to graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and research assistants with payroll.
- Assist with student financial services and provide students information on program timelines and requirements.
- Communicate and manage scholarship information for faculty and students/researchers.
- Raise purchase orders and help manage department assets.
- Maintain department cash-flow and financial statements using spreadsheets and UNB's accounting forms and system.
- Facilitate financial communication between the Chair and all department members and activities.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post- Secondary Diploma in a related field.
- 3 - 5 years accounting experience and/or account management.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
- Formal training or certification with Excel would be an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION