Closing Date: January 25, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$50,648.00 - $65,848.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, minimum three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Source and order materials stocked by Science Stores for teaching and for research purposes. Ensure that financial, quality, and time constraints are considered and balanced.
- Receive, warehouse, and distribute to faculty, staff, students and other clientele gases, chemicals, solvents, glassware and other laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Manage inventory of scientific equipment and supplies.
- Maintain accurate financial and inventory records. Post purchases to financial accounts, reconcile purchase orders, credit card statements, invoices, and price items appropriately.
- Manage disposal and coordinate removal of chemical waste and solvents for the Faculty of Science.
- Ensure adherence to environmental health and safety protocols.
- Receive and send hazardous goods shipments while following protocol and providing the proper documentation.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2 years relevant post-secondary education (college or university).
- 5 years related chemical experience and/or storeroom operations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and digital databases.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with shipping (domestic and international).
- Experience/training in hazardous spill response, first aid/CPR, Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems (WHMIS).
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION