Closing Date: February 24, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This position was previously posted and closed January 27, 2023. All applications will be resubmitted in the competition. Previous applicants need not apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$52,512.00 - $68,269.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, minimum three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Perform/resolve very high complexity operational tasks on UNB audio-visual systems.
- Consult and collaborate with internal colleagues and external vendors.
- Create scalable, reliable, integrated, unique and custom audio-visual architectures.
- Apply audio-visual and control system architectures to new and existing infrastructure by working with Technical Services and Classroom Infrastructure.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex and difficult issues/requests.
- Lead the advancement of the Universities audio-visual architecture and technologies.
- Make recommendations based on awareness of evolving industry trends, standards, and overall applied knowledge.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network problems associated with video conferencing and a wide variety of classroom technology and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain web-based instructions for each specific smart classroom and for video conferencing systems and installations.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-secondary diploma in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years' progressive experience in control system programming, audio-visual design and integration, networking TCP/IP topology and application, and overall electronics engineering and technology knowledge.
- Completion of or desire to complete Crestron Certified Programmer designation is considered an asset.
- Expert in Windows OS and familiarity with Macintosh OS and major software packages on both platforms.
- Familiarity with IP networking.
- Aviva CTS certification level would be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION