Closing Date: January 31, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$52,512.00 - $68,269.00 per annum
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, minimum three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
- Perform technical coordination of various Physics programs (Physics component of the Environmental Science program, Interdisciplinary joint programs, and proposed Engineering Physics Program).
- Research, develop, implement, and coordinate experiential learning activities in Physics and Engineering Physics.
- Liaise with industry, government, non-profit organizations, and other stakeholders for co-op placements.
- Explore, develop, facilitate, and manage co-op opportunities for Physics and Engineering Physics programs.
- Investigate, design, develop, and manage capstone design projects for Physics and the new Engineering Physics program.
- Develop, maintain, and manage a database of all technical programs, experiential learning, and co-op opportunities and activities of the Physics and Engineering Physics program.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Undergraduate degree in Physics or Engineering. A Master's degree would be considered an asset.
- Three years of related work experience if the candidate holds only an undergraduate Degree.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Sound judgment, reliability, attention to detail, creative problem-solving and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders.
- Previous experience in lab/student instruction will be an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
The Department offers undergraduate programs in Physics (Major an Honours) as well as interdepartmental programs (BSc. Chem-Phys, B.Sc. Biol-Phys, B.Sc. Math-Phys, and B.Sc. E.Sci. Phys) while delivering service teaching for the Engineering and Kinesiology faculties. The Department is also part of the newly started Environmental Sciences Program and plans to create a new Engineering Physics program in collaboration with Electrical Engineering during the 2023-2024 academic year.
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION