The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Co-Op & Experiential Learning Assistant PL5 with the Faculty of Business. This is a continuing, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the CUPE employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $21.75 - $27.42 per hour.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies, the Co-op & Experiential Learning Assistant PL5 position works with the Co-op Program coordinator to assist in the delivery of the Faculty of Business co-op program to business and computer science students. This position also interfaces with the Office of Experiential Education, in order to bring non-co-op experiential learning opportunities to all students in the Faculty of Business.
Note: This position was previously posted and closed on November 24, 2022. All applications will be resubmitted in the competition. Previous applicants need not reapply.
- Assist with the delivery of experiential and work-place learning opportunities for:
- i. co-op students in the Faculty of Business and Department of Computer Science.
- ii. Bachelor of Health students in the extra-curricular certificate program.
- iii. non-co-op students in the Faculty of Business and other students in the Bachelor of Health program.
- Assist with the communications of co-op program and benefits (both at UNB and in the community).
- Assist with the annual intake of new students (regular Spring and Fall events).
- Assist with organizing the regular professional development activities for co-op students.
- Organize and assist the initial onboarding of new co-op students in their preparation for their first work-terms (resume writing, interviewing, etc.). Help support the co-op students as they progress through their three work-terms and monitor current student performance to ensure meets expectations.
- Aid in the coordination of courses when required. Gather reports from the co-op program, experiential opportunities, and related courses. Assist in the coordination of schedules and guest lecturers from each of the respective area groups, in collaboration with the Associate Dean.
- Participate in Curriculum Committee meetings. representing unique needs and programming for Experiential Learning.
- Update and promote the co-op program on the website and social media.
- Assist with student reports for AACSB accreditation and Faculty of Business analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or a related field. Equivalent combination of education & experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience. Post-secondary institution knowledge would be considered an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills.
- Flexible, able to prioritize and able to manage competing priorities.
- Above average IT acumen and computer skills including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn internal systems.
- Social media skills for program outreach, promotion, and advertising.
Closing date for applications is January 13, 2023 at 4:30 PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.