Closing Date: January 18, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This position was previously posted and closed November 14, 2022. All applications will be resubmitted in the competition. Previous applicants need not apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | 2 YearTerm | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$20.45 - $23.75 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, minimum three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work from home options.
- Maintain Graduate student files and databases and prepare the graduation list.
- Order textbook copies for instructors and TA's, distribute textbooks to the TA markers, etc.
- Respond to graduate students' requests. Update academic history worksheets, assess transfer credits, grad credits, etc.
- Assist in processing TA applications for both undergraduate and graduate positions. Post, collect applications, compile information, email the successful applicants, and prepare contracts and funding forms.
- Contact and notify students of meetings and deadlines.
- Share reception duties for the General Office.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Faculty Admin Officer.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A Diploma or Degree in Office Administration or a related field.
- Three to five (3-5) years of office administration experience.
- OR a combination of equivalent training and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a busy office with unavoidable interruptions.
- Strong organization skills, and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize the workload.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of the University environment and colleague would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of modern office software, in a windows environment, including word processing and spreadsheets, including Microsoft O365 applications.
- A willingness to learn and use new software packages, including PowerPoint, graphics packages, Photoshop, and desktop publishing.
- Strong computer skills and computer literacy.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION