Closing Date: January 18, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This position was previously posted and closed November 09, 2022. All applications will be resubmitted in the competition. Previous applicants need not apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | 3 Year Term | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
$20.45 - $23.75 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, minimum three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work from home options.
- Schedule Co-op interviews, work with Co-op coordinators, employers, and students.
- Contact and notify students of meetings and deadlines.
- Enter job postings into the Co-op/PEP database. Process student job applications and maintain employer records for current and prospective employers.
- Instruct employers on creating accounts in the Co-op database and on issuing letters of offers to the students.
- Monitor Co-op database for new employer registrations and all incoming jobs from employers.
- Track and file receipt of work term goals, offer letters for work placement, evaluations, and work term reports.
- Record grading of reports for each student within the Co-op database. Maintain accurate and up-to-date files on Co-op/PEP students and eligible CS students interested in the Co-op/PEP program.
- Assist in organizing Co-op/PEP Orientation sessions, prepare the Co-op/PEP handbooks, provide up-to-date printed materials, and liaise with other UNB Co-op/PEP programs regarding Orientation.
- Maintain Co-op statistics for the faculty. Provide information to students, employers, faculty, and the public regarding the Co-op Program.
- Become familiar and assist with the Provincial and Federal funding programs available for Co-op students.
- Promote and administer new and existing exchange and articulation agreements. Support initiatives aimed at outreach, persistence, and conversion rates for our academic programs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Faculty Admin Officer and Co-op Coordinators.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A diploma or degree in Office Administration or a related field.
- 3 - 5 years' experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a busy office with unavoidable interruptions.
- Experience in a technical field in an industrial setting.
- In depth knowledge of advanced computer applications is required.
- Must be well organized, able to work under pressure, able to prioritize the workload, and can establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of the University environment and Colleague would be an asset.
WHO WE ARE:
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION