Closing Date: January 23, 2023 at 4:30 PM
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: This position was previously posted and closed October 28, 2022. All applications will be resubmitted in the competition. Previous applicants need not apply.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Full-Time | Continuing | SALAC | Fredericton
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri |8: 15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hpw
Additional Working Conditions & Notes:
Some evening, weekend work and minimal travel.
$18.59 - $22.02 per hour
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, minimum three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
Reporting to the Director, the Secretary PL3 (Client Service Representative) provides timely and personalized communication to students throughout their lifecycle from prospective student through to graduation, as well as parents, guidance counsellors, donors, faculty, and other key stakeholders.
- Provide excellent customer service to potential and current students, as well as guidance counsellors, parents, donors, faculty, and staff while adhering to strict observance of confidentiality.
- Provide personalized and timely responses to inquiries through email, phone, and in person.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of UNB Scholarship Regulations, as well as policies and procedures.
- Assist with the scholarship application process, database maintenance and development of reports.
- Distribute reports, communicate with faculties, obtain, and review nominations for prizes.
- Assist with maintaining the scholarship information in Colleague, Access and the UNB online calendar.
- Assist with reviewing and evaluating students' transcripts for specific aspects of eligibility.
- Assist with organizing meetings (room bookings, communication etc.).
- Respond to incoming requests from external organizations and work with faculties to promote external scholarship opportunities, where appropriate.
- Assist staff in Undergraduate Awards with the execution of their responsibilities as needed.
- Perform general office, administrative or other duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Post-secondary education. Undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Experience in a client service environment with a proven client service attitude
- Ability to work well with high school and university students.
- Excellent people and telephone skills demonstrating discretion, tact, and judgment.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be detail orientated, and able to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional computer skills including MS Office, Adobe, and the use of Internet and email programs.
WHO WE ARE:
The Undergraduate Awards Office is responsible for the administration of the UNB undergraduate scholarship program for both campuses, including those for the College of Extended Learning and Saint John College. As part of the Student Recruitment and Enrolment Management Office at UNB Fredericton, the Undergraduate Awards Office is actively involved in providing scholarship support to full-time students accepted to or enrolled in undergraduate degree programs at UNB Fredericton and UNB Saint John.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION