The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Secretary PL4 (Undergraduate Office) with the Faculty of Education. This is a continuing, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $20.45 - $23.75 per hour.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of Undergrad Programs, this position is responsible to serve the needs of students, faculty and staff regarding all matters related to the undergraduate program.
Note: This position was previously posted and closed May 31, 2022. All applications will be resubmitted in the competition. Previous applicants need not reapply.
- Keep updated and maintained undergraduate forms on shared office network drive.
- Maintain database for new B.Ed students, faculty representatives and cooperating teachers.
- Liaise between UNB and schools regarding Practica questions.
- Maintain the student, cooperating teacher and faculty representative handbooks.
- Provide practica information via telephone, email or in person to accepted students and to students looking to enter the program.
- Assist in the creation of recruitment and program information materials related to school years practica.
- Prepare and send letters to Law Enforcement Agencies and Collect criminal records checks.
- Assist Field Services office in preparation of BED Orientation packages.
- Administer the online Student Opinion Survey. Administer final duties for teach out for Trinidad Program.
- Assist with posting duties for Contract instructors and collect CV's and respond to applicants.
- Put courses on the Timetable (Undergraduate).
- Administer Registrar Warrant, and Cancellation of Payment materials.
- Assist with the assignment of instructors to Undergraduate Courses.
- Order and maintain office supplies and practica/school gifts.
- Provide reception duties for the Undergraduate Office. Sort incoming mail and parcels.
- Assist with room booking requests and assignments. Assist with computer software and hardware issues.
- Distribute employment opportunity/employer recruitment information to education students.
- Provide assistance as required for all of the undergraduate programs (ECE, Wabanaki, Adult Ed).
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in administration, supplemented by a minimum of 3 years of relevant administrative experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- Excellent typing and word processing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, spreadsheet and database programs, electronic mail and internet.
- Must have demonstrated ability in organization and ability to maintain a high work standard while dealing with multiple interruptions.
- Experience in website construction and maintenance will be considered an asset.
- A demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skill, and problem solving/critical thinking is required.
- Familiarization with UNB systems and processes is preferred.
Closing date for applications is June 24 2022 at 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.