The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Marketing and Communications Officer with the Department of Civil Engineering: Off-Site Construction Research Centre. This is a 1-year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $46,244 - $60,114 per annum.
The Off-site Construction Research Centre (OCRC), created in partnership with construction industry practitioners and public owners, was created to support the transformation of the industry towards a new approach in construction that emphasizes the adoption of digital technologies and design for manufacturing and assembly approaches to improve overall performance. The Marketing and Communications Officer will work with the leadership of the Department of Civil Engineering.
- Implement effective communication strategies for several audiences in collaboration with the UNB CE and OCRC teams.
- Assist in developing and managing engagement and outreach events including both in-person and on-line.
- Manage and oversee the development, implementation, and optimization of marketing plans for the department of Civil Engineering and OCRC.
- Prepare, edit, and distribute content, including publications, webinars, website content, annual reporting, and other marketing collateral.
- Provide editorial support for internal technical publications (e.g., proposals, technical papers, industry reports)
- Manage the OCRC and Department of CE's social media platforms
- Supervise part-time or term-based student staff as required.
- Create and implement all marketing strategies and select innovative and meaningful marketing tactics.
- Measure the effectiveness of the marketing strategies and tactics as they relate to the pre-determined goals and suggest optimizations.
- Develop comprehensive and meaningful post-campaign reporting.
- A minimum bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years' experience developing, implementing, and measuring marketing strategies and/or campaigns or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Training and experience in marketing and communications.
- Training and experience in civil engineering or construction is considered an asset.
- Strong written/oral communication, and events planning and coordination.
- Competent in the use of social media and related communication technologies.
- Strong skills in digital media technologies.
Closing date for applications is June 1, 2022 4:00 PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.