The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Transfer Coordinator PL5 with the Office of the Registrar. This is a full-time (36.25 hours per week), term position ending November 1, 2023 with the CUPE employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $21.75 - $26.92 per hour.
The Transfer Coordinator operates within the Office of the Registrar. This position reports to the Associate Registrar and is primarily responsible for the coordination of transfer credit processes, and assignment.
- Advise, and develop as required, key messages and communications regarding transfer credits and processes.
- Communicate with students and academic units regarding transfer credits and processes.
- Communicate with colleagues at UNB Fredericton and the Province of New Brunswick regarding transfer credits and processes.
- Develop and maintain transfer credit databases, for both UNB campus database, and the NBCAT database.
- Design and implement strategies per academic unit/degree/initiative to resolve transfer credit assessments.
- Develop procedures regarding transfer credit assessments and academic unit communications.
- Support transfer recruitment, as appropriate.
- Update student academic records and transcripts with transfer credit.
- Develop and maintain an internal transfer credit procedure approach. Process internal transfer requests.
- Manage transfer credit regarding non-direct entry, concurrent, and pathway programs.
- Liaise with academic units regarding non-direct admission and transfer pathways.
- Monitor transfer credit requests to academic units, especially for timeliness.
- Manage pre-requisite and equivalent assessments to academic units.
- Maintain updated assessments, as required, for AP and IB curricula.
- Liaise with students, faculties, and external institutions regarding letters of permission and exchange credit.
- Maintain awareness of UNB academic programs, regulations, and policies.
- Provide back up support to other staff in supporting students, faculty, staff, and members of the public.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum one year experience in a post-secondary setting. Minimum one year customer service experience, ideally working with students.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, databases, and working in a Teams environment preferred.
- Excellent reading, writing and comprehension skills.
- Confidentiality, tact, attention to detail, professionalism, and strong interpersonal qualities. Student focused service outlook is necessary.
Closing date for applications is June 2, 2022 4:00 PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.