The University of New Brunswick welcomes applications for the position of Digital Strategist with the Strategic Communications & Marketing Office. This is a continuing, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $47,846 - $62,199 per annum.
Reporting to the Digital Manager, this role manages UNB's digital marketing landscape and social media team to drive results and generate meaningful connections with our audiences, in support of UNB's strategic vision.
Note: This position was previously posted and closed March 30, 2022. All applications will be resubmitted in the competition. Previous applicants need not reapply.
- Manage a Digital Coordinator and oversee a student social media coordinator program.
- Manage relationships with digital partners, vendors, and agencies.
- Support the development, execution, and measurement of a comprehensive digital marketing strategy for the university.
- Oversee the development of engaging, compelling, and authentic digital content for corporate social media platforms, campaigns, and other online communication tools.
- Partner with colleagues across the institution to build capacity in the field of social media and digital marketing to increase collaboration, performance, and adherence to social media guidelines and brand standards.
- Develop social media campaigns to support institutional marketing communications strategies and objectives.
- Provide strategic counsel and support to senior leaders, faculties, and units in the development and delivery of digital marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Curate, develop, edit, and collaborate with faculties and units on the creation of engaging digital content for corporate social media channels.
- Monitor, engage, and report on social media activity.
- Collaborate with the communications team and President's Office for reputation and issues management and online crisis communications. Provide strategic advice to senior leadership based on social listening data and analysis.
- Update web content in Cascade Content Management System as required.
- Perform other digital marketing communications duties as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Information Systems, Web Design, Digital/Internet Marketing, or a related field.
- 5 years' related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Experience mentoring, leading, or managing teams.
- Exceptional web writing and editing skills.
- Exceptional diplomacy, communication, relationship-building, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Experience developing and executing measurable institutional social media strategies and campaigns.
- Recent and significant experience with all social media platforms and paid social media advertising.
- Experience providing direction for video production and other digital media.
- Experience managing enterprise-level social listening and reporting software such as Meltwater and Sprout Social.
- Experience using Google Analytics.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, adapt, and deliver high-quality work under pressure.
- Work experience in higher education, government, or non-profit sector would be an asset.
- Experience using Cascade Content Management System would be an asset.
Closing date for applications is May 31, 2022 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.