The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Associate Registrar with the Office of the Registrar. This is a continuing, full-time (36.25 hours per week)) position with a salary range of $56,609 - $73,592 per annum.
The Associate Registrar is responsible for successful operations of all services related to student records, admission, and transfer processes for all full- and part-time undergraduate students and receipting processes for all students and the general campus, while supporting UNB regulations, procedures and UNB Saint John's strategic goals. This is a highly complex position, and this person will be involved in virtually all aspects of the Office of the Registrar due to the large amount of work overlap and multi-tasking required.
- Monitor and adjust procedures to adhere to UNB regulations through shifting timelines and systems updates and changes.
- Advise on vulnerabilities, and best practices. Implement new business processes to meet regulations and services expectations, while upholding privacy requirements and data integrity.
- Track and report on processes, admissions, enrolments, and goals.
- Supervision of staff, including balancing staffing priorities, project oversight, setting priorities according to workflow and academic timelines.
- Address and resolve unique student files and receipting issues.
- Participate in the Senate Committees on behalf of the Office of the Registrar.
- Lead admissions review and assessment.
- Support faculty in updates and implementation of admissions processes and requirement update approvals.
- Advise on admission strategies, support, and report on Senate Admissions Committee.
- Collaborate bi-campus to implement admissions requirements, messages, and processes.
- Participate in committees as required, and collaborate with individuals and units across UNB.
- Responsible for operations and procedures to support UNB's regulations, academic programs, faculty, staff, and students.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum five years of work experience in a university environment, with increasing levels of responsibility, including supervisory experience.
- Experience in a data systems environment and in a privacy sensitive environment required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects and challenging timelines.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, database systems, required. Experience in a Teams environment preferred.
- Experience with Ellucian products, including Colleague, would be preferred.
Closing date for applications is April 4, 2022 4:30 PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.