The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Cybersecurity Systems Engineer & Lab Technician with the Canadian Institute for Cybersecurity. This is a 2-year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position (with the possibility of extension) with a salary range of $57,140 - $74,284 per annum. A market differential may apply.
This position is responsible for the design and development of various cybersecurity solutions and teaching. The ideal candidate will bring architectural and engineering experience in designing and developing the security arena, including network, application, and operational focus across network-related technologies and services.
Note: This position was previously posted and closed February 9, 2022. All applications will be resubmitted in the competition. Previous applicants need not reapply.
- Provide technical leadership and "know-how" in both defining and applying security requirements with sustainable solutions that will scale in different environments.
- Design and develop curriculum and teach short-term cybersecurity courses.
- Plan daily lessons, deliver lectures and tutorials.
- Assess Students continually and provide prompt feedback on their progress.
- Review network security-related services continually and act upon discovered gaps while defining ideal state and how to get there.
- Review and recommend tooling and technologies to be deployed for proper security posture.
- Act as the subject matter expert for network security related environments to deliver security functions and enhancements.
- University degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with Cybersecurity designation and five years of related experience. Master's degree in cybersecurity designation is an asset.
- 5 years related hands-on experience with security network devices such as firewalls, switches, SIEM, antivirus, cryptography, etc. and other security networking hardware/software tools.
- 5 years' experience in architectural and engineering in designing and developing the security arena, including network, application, and operational-focus across network-related technologies/services.
- Demonstrated teaching abilities and knowledge of online educational delivery tools.
- Expertise in access control, authorization & authentication technologies: PAM, Active Directory, LDAP, security fundamental networking protocols: DNS, NTP.
- Exceptional communication skills & able to interact with stakeholders & students.
- Fluency in French (spoken and written) would be an asset.
- Expertise in the security of multiple operating systems.
- CySA+, Network+ and Security+, and CISSP Certifications Highly Recommended.
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to apply current best practices in cybersecurity frameworks, IT governance, risk management, and vulnerability assessment.
- Ability to interact with both business and technology stakeholders at various levels while applying subject matter expertise for security technologies and solutions.
Closing date for applications is April 22, 2022 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.