The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Student Services & Outreach Coordinator with the Faculty of Forestry & Environmental Management. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $50,125 - $65,148 per annum.
The Student Services and Outreach Coordinator will support undergraduate student well-being and build esprit-du-corps (and the reputation of the faculty) among students, faculty members, alumni, and employers.
- Advise undergraduate students in all aspects of the Faculty's undergraduate programs.
- Respond to student inquiries about programs, help students develop their course plans, and provide guidance on student registrations, fee payments, support services, etc.
- Coordinate 1st year student orientation activities.
- Design, develop, and implement strategies, materials, and activities that promote the Faculty's undergraduate programs at high schools, colleges, other universities, education fairs, etc.
- Gather and disseminate information regarding employment opportunities for students.
- Develop and maintain relationships with students, faculty, alumni, employers, and other educational institutions.
- Organize events that enhance engagement.
- Develop undergraduate degree program course timetables.
- Generate degree audits and assess minor completion for graduating students.
- Assess transfer credits for incoming transfer students.
- Create and maintain student files for undergraduate degree programs.
- Develop and assemble all mail related to information on early registration for new students.
- Circulate relevant information to undergraduate students of notice of meetings, information regarding programs, etc.
- Communicate with various departments on campus and with other universities regarding program concerns, student concerns and courses offered in articulated programs at other institutions.
- Organize student liaison meetings with student representatives, the Assistant Dean, and Dean each term.
- Coordinate the development of new articulation agreements with other institutions and maintain existing ones.
- Providing statistical information related to students in the Faculty.
- Contribute to Faculty committees and work groups related to job duties.
- Represent the Faculty on UNB committees related to job duties.
- University degree in Education or a related field (i.e., Business, Science or Forestry).
- Minimum of 5 years' prior experience in outreach, relationship building and marketing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated abilities in both presentation and teaching skills, as well as networking
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Advanced experience with word processing and spreadsheet software.
Closing date for applications is December 1, 2021 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.