The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Administrative Assistant with the McKenna Institute. This is a 3-year term full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by external monies with a salary range of $40,968-$51,209 per annum.
The McKenna Institute is a connector and a catalyst across business, academia, and government to foster a globally competitive digital economy and progressive digital society. Its mandate is to accelerate talent and ideas to enable every New Brunswick community to thrive in a digital world.
With a bias towards action, the Institute is rooted in New Brunswick with a strong outward view, partnering with communities and organizations at home and abroad to devise technology-based solutions to our most pressing challenges.
- Provide efficient, professional, and confidential administrative support to the Executive Director of the Institute and members of the team.
- Interact frequently with senior leaders both inside and outside of the organization including Faculty, private sector partners and community organizations.
- Assist the Executive Director with weekly meeting scheduling and planning, prepare and compose various reports and presentations to support internal and external meetings.
- Assist the Executive Director with Project Planning and tracking of progress through project reporting and tracking of project deliverables with Institute team members.
- Report and track finances and budget to manage the various funding streams and projects.
- Manage the McKenna Institute's online profile and communication releases for both the website and social media platforms.
- Two-year Business Administration or Office Management diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Bilingual is an asset.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience using social media platforms or willing to learn.
- Computer Proficiency Experience using Microsoft Office tools including Outlook, PowerPoint (or Canva), Excel and Word.
- High level of diplomacy.
- Creative thinker, action-oriented and positive approach to problem-solving.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent collaborator and team player that is also willing to work independently at times.
Closing date for applications is November 30, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.