The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Clerk PL4 (Client Service Representative & Unit Support) with the Registrar's Office. This is a continuing, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $20.45 - $23.75 per hour.
This position reports to the Associate Registrar (Records & Registration Services) as part of a team. This is a main service counter position within the Registrar's Office and has responsibility to assist the Records & Registration unit on assigned duties as determined by the Associate Registrar.
- Provide timely and professional service by email, telephone and in person at our main student service center; provides accurate data input and information to assist students in the use of the online registration system.
- Resolve routine customer service issues, routing complicated issues to the appropriate Registrar staff or UNB office member as needed.
- Process government documentation (CPP Declaration, Disability Benefits, E.I., exchange programs etc.).
- Liaise with academic faculty personnel to verify student data, as required.
- Produce Confirmation of Enrolment letters, Educational Trust Fund verifications, Graduation Confirmation letters, and any Special letter requests.
- Process Employment hire checks by organizations and letters of permission/Off Campus Study requests.
- Process payments, balance daily float and make bank deposits, as necessary.
- Assist with diploma replacements, certified true copies of diplomas and the coordination of pickups.
- Process both incoming and outgoing mail and courier requests, as needed.
- File audit as part of document retention processes.
- Pull inactive files from current student files, preparing & scanning files.
- Assist with special projects and events throughout academic year such as Graduation.
- Provide administrative support to the Records & Registration unit and will be assigned various duties as operationally needed supporting the following service areas: grading, academic appeals, records and transcripts.
- Contribute to a positive, supportive, and client-focused team environment of high performance, respect, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Provide administrative back up to deferred exams and grading as well as assist with special projects as required and provide other related duties as operationally required.
- University degree with a minimum of 3 years' relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Exercise responsiveness, tact, diplomacy, and discretion when dealing with others, dealing courteously and effectively with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff while maintaining confidentiality.
- Flexible, adaptable, and receptive to change. Demonstrated experience with processes in a service environment.
- Experience working with the public in a team environment and demonstrated abilities as a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to obtain and relay information accurately.
- Working effectively and accurately under pressure of high volume and frequent interruptions. Ability to multi-task and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft O365 (particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams). Experience with Colleague UI or other database management systems, experience with Footprints and Adobe preferred.
Closing date for applications is November 18, 2021 4:30 PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.