The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Instructional Technology Specialist with Information Services & Systems. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $47,030 - $61,145 per annum.
The position is part of a team-based approach to the delivery of instructional technology services relating to both live in-class instruction and remote ADM instruction, as well as video conference meetings and video conference classes. The position works closely with ISS staff and instructors to support the use of technology in the classroom, including input into the design and creation of digital classrooms.
- Maintain, manage, configure, and support the LMS system in collaboration with CETL and CEL. Work with third party vendors to integrate their products into the system.
- Help develop LMS policies and configure systems to meet the needs of UNB, specifically the Saint John campus.
- Design, create, and deliver clear and effective training materials and workshops that support the use of the LMS and promote use of advanced features
- Evaluate the effectiveness of course implementations as related to technology integration.
- Provide LMS administration expertise and technical problem-solving as required for daily troubleshooting including academic integrity investigations
- Co-administer the UNB Poll Everywhere site license for UNB.
- Investigate, identify, promote and train instructors on the appropriate use of emerging educational technology tools.
- Identify and create strategies and tools to help instructors engage students and assess student participation.
- Research, test, and advise on the best use of Microsoft 365 tools to support instructor pedagogy, and to support staff in their day-to-day work, encouraging the use of tools that create efficiencies.
- Design, and deliver workshops to promote the use of Microsoft 365 tools. Troubleshoot M365 for faculty and staff.
- Provide workshops and one-on-one training and create and distribute training materials on technology use in classrooms, conference rooms and computer labs
- Support all bi-campus video conference classes. Act as departmental liaison for all bi-campus special events.
- Update instructional technology related information on the ISS web page using the content management system (Cascade).
- Manage the instructional technology budget, purchase equipment and software.
- Bachelor's degree. 2-3 years' hands-on experience in course design, development, and support, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
- Experience in designing, and creating training material and delivering workshops.
- Experience with D2L Brightspace or other learning management systems, knowledge of Microsoft 365, and content management tools.
- Curiosity and ability to quickly learn about emerging educational technology tools, their application and fit.
- Ability to play a leadership role as well as work constructively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated oral/written communication, time-management, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Closing date for applications is November 16, 2021 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.