The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Manager, Communication & Conversion with Student Recruitment. This is a 3-year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $51,082 - $66,406 per annum.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice-President, Recruitment and Enrollment, the Communication & Conversion Manager is responsible for developing and implementing Recruitment's communication & conversion strategy and managing the Student Recruitment Communication and Conversion team.
- Research, consultation, and analysis to define strategies, content, and messaging that will help achieve the targeted prospect, application, and conversion rates.
- Develop a detailed email, mail, and text message communications plan for key influencers.
- Oversee the development and execution of a cohesive digital and social media plan, as well as a holistic suite of creative marketing assets for print and digital media.
- Outline the levels and timing of engagement, key messaging for target audiences and impactful calls-to-action that encourage movement through the recruitment funnel.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all segments of the marketing, communication, and conversion plan. Ensure proper integration and optimization with CRM Recruit, UNB brand guidelines and industry best practices.
- Develop a regular reporting schedule that reports on the effectiveness of the plan.
- Manage Recruitment's Communication & Conversion team. Provide leadership, guidance, and support.
- Ensure objectives and goals of the unit are properly defined.
- Meet with departments and faculties across both campuses to ensure that applicants are receiving timely, informative, and engaging communications as they move from applicant to enrolled student.
- Educate others on the conversion process, their role, and the importance of cohesive communications.
- Liaise with Admissions to ensure coordinated and effective messaging to all applicants.
- Provide feedback to the annual strategic plan and targets.
- Participate in planning and coordination of various annual student recruitment activities. Attend events as requested.
- Participate on internal advisory councils and committees to support/advance recruitment plans and initiatives.
- Provide supervisory/management support for UNB Saint John Recruitment Office (Domestic) as needed.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree. Experience in marketing or communications, with considerable experience in leading and supervising teams.
- Knowledge of human resources management theories and principles to plan the work, and to manage and supervise a client service team and marketing team.
- Demonstrated creativity and marketing sense coupled with excellent verbal and writing.
- Excellent presentation skills to provide authoritative advice on communication and conversion plans.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills to optimize engagement and influence desired outcomes.
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships.
- Excellent time-management skills. Ability to act on decisions quickly and meet tight and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to travel is a must. Travel within Canada and some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Frequent travel between campuses (Fredericton and Saint John) will be required.
Closing date for applications is November 15, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.