The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Secretary PL4 with the Faculty of Education. This is a full-time (36.25 hours per week), term position ending December 30, 2023, with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by external monies with a salary range of $20.45 - $23.75 per hour.
This position reports to the Dean of Education but works directly with the Coordinator of the ECE BEd online program.
- Provide initial contact for the ECE BEd program for faculty, staff, students, prospective students, and the general public. Answer questions (by email or phone) related to the program.
- Maintain and complete initial evaluation of all ECE BEd applications. Assist Coordinator with application processing.
- Coordinate practicum placements for the ECE BEd degree students. Maintain record of placements.
- Liaise with Early Learning Centres.
- Update and maintain ECE Degree resources, family/staff handbooks for Children's Centre, and the UNB website for ECE degree and ECE Centre.
- Maintain and organize files, both physical and digital, under the direction of the Coordinator.
- Work closely with the BEd undergraduate office regarding courses and identifying CAE instructors.
- Coordinate professional development opportunities for Early Learning Instructors, including organizing seminars, workshops, and conferences; arrange meetings and itineraries and maintain participant invitation database.
- Maintain financial and administrative records for the Early Learning Centre.
- Other administrative duties, as required.
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field. A related undergraduate degree would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' related experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- Significant experience with the Early Childhood Education curriculum in New Brunswick.
- Familiar with the Early Learning Centres located in the Maritimes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office 365 applications. Knowledge of Colleague System would be an asset.
- Ability to work both cooperatively as a team member and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multitask, work at a rapid pace with accuracy, analyze and solve problems, make decisions, meet deadlines and deal with distractions.
Closing date for applications is November 15, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.