The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Undergraduate Academic Advisor with the Office of the Registrar. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $45,395 - $56,751 per annum.
The Undergraduate Academic Advisor advises students towards completion of academic credentials, including academic progression, academic program requirements, options, and equivalencies. This position is an on-campus position, will conduct services in person and virtually, and respond to inquiries submitted through in multiple formats.
- Become familiar with Senate-approved academic programs including annual adjustments at the course, academic program, and degree level. This includes certificates and diplomas.
- Maintain knowledge of university-wide regulations impacting academic programs, as well as university policies and procedures impacting student academic progress.
- Provide academic advice for all incoming and continuing undergraduate students, including students who may return to studies after a period away, or may be coordinating a variety of academic goals.
- Liaise with other academic advisors, departments, faculty, and staff, to provide students with timely information on student course and program options.
- Assess applications for graduation eligibility. Conduct reviews of a students' completed courses and grades to ensure completion thresholds are achieved, consult with faculty colleagues to confirm eligibility.
- Communicate plans to complete credential requirements to non-successful applicants. Identify gaps and provide appropriate courses of action.
- Coordinate with Office of the Registrar and Faculty colleagues on the overall graduation project, and certificate and diploma completion.
- Prepare and build student academic plans inclusive of external credit.
- Work closely with Office of the Registrar, academic unit and advising colleagues, as well as faculty, to coordinate transfer credit assessments and program advice for incoming students.
- Coordinate with students who wish to study abroad to identify course options that are complementary to the academic and life goals.
- Develop and maintain advising outreach sessions/tools to inform the undergraduate student body of relevant academic information, such as academic dates and regulations, new academic programs, course changes, advising events and opportunities.
- Other duties as directed.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Minimum three years of employment within a university environment, preferably with an advising, enrolment, or registration function. Minimum one year experience in a customer service role.
- Familiarity with Ellucian products and O365 (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) is an asset.
- Detail-oriented with excellent English verbal and written communication.
Closing date for applications is November 1, 2021 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.