The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Secretary PL3 with the Faculty of Nursing. This is a 2-year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by external monies with a salary range of $18.59-$22.02 per hour.
This position is accountable to the Assistant Dean of the UNB-Humber Collaborative and to the Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Nursing. This position will be based in the Faculty of Nursing on the Fredericton Campus.
Note: This position was previously posted and closed on October 22, 2021. All applications will be re-submitted. Applicants need not re-apply.
- Provide support to the Assistant Dean of the UNB-Humber Collaborative and the operations and functions of the Assistant Dean's office; this can be of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature.
- Maintain, update, audit, and manage academic files of UNB-Humber students for progression, issues, and graduation. Advise the Assistant Dean of any issues.
- Facilitate and provide guidance regarding the alignment and application of UNB and Humber regulations and polices.
- Maintain transfer credit databases and acceptable admission requirement databases.
- Support requests for official program documentation (e.g., CGFNS and DCA forms).
- Liaise with UNB and Humber Registrar's Offices, Humber Program Support Officers, Humber Coordinators, the Assistant Dean of the UNB-Humber Collaborative, and the Associated Dean of Nursing at Humber to support program delivery, student progression and convocation.
- Assist with various quality assurance processes (e.g., admissions, university communications, progression).
- Support the Nursing Accreditation process (nationally & provincially) and preparation of interim reports.
- Support the preparation of required annual program reports (e.g., MTCU).
- Maintain the Assistant Dean's schedule/calendar. Prepare for meetings, book meeting spaces and/or send virtual invites, prepare various high-level reports, and submit expense claims.
- Respond to general inquiries via email, social media, and telephone. Refer specific requests to the Assistant Dean.
- Assist with general administrative tasks related to the UNB-Humber Agreement such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and file management.
- Attend UNB-Humber meetings as requested and take minutes.
- Attend Faculty of Nursing Support Staff meetings.
- Facilitate the off-campus responsibilities of UNB and Humber faculty. Make travel arrangements, arrange meetings (in-person and virtual), and act as a general liaison between Humber and Fredericton.
- Collaborate with/or share responsibilities with the Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Nursing as needed.
- Post-secondary education in business, secretarial, or office administration. A University Degree would be an asset. Minimum of 2 years' related experience.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of attention to detail, as well as work within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize & complete multiple tasks; demonstrates initiative, organization, & time management skills.
- Self-motivated and strategic thinker.
- Proficiency/expertise working in Microsoft Office Programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, as well as time management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize complex and varied workload and meet deadlines.
Closing date for applications is November 9, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.