The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Secretary PL3 with the Faculty of Management. This is a 1-year term (leave replacement), full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $18.59 - $22.02 per hour.
The position provides administrative and accounting support to an assigned group of faculty within the Faculty of Management. This position is an integral part of the faculty's main office.
- Prepare accounting documents to initiate and process financial transactions for faculty members relating to their operating, PEA and/or research accounts. Ensure that the required internal processes are followed.
- Record transactions relating to individual faculty allocations and other specific accounts in the Faculty's internal ledger system as they are initiated.
- Coordinate the purchase of general supplies for the main office and printing rooms, and maintain an inventory of supplies on-hand.
- Generate reports from various Colleague/Informer modules as required.
- Compile the Faculty's response to the research ranking exercise consultation with the Associate Dean Research & Graduate Studies.
- Coordinate and monitor the faculty's annual UGTA allocation in consultation with the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs.
- Maintain the Faculty's Publications Cabinet.
- Coordinate the production of Dean's List certificates and photoshoot.
- Prepare and format documents such as tests, exams, course outlines, etc. as required.
- Act as Faculty administrative support on a rotational basis. Provide office and telephone reception, respond to general inquiries from staff, faculty, students, and general public, as well as other associated duties.
- Attend, record, and take minutes for various committees and council meetings.
- Act as a liaison for the Faculty's International Business and Entrepreneurship Centre, and Centre for Financial Studies, and Graduate programs where required.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Office Manager or Assistant to the Dean.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. A combination of education and experience would be considered.
- Two years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Exceptional MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Comfortable learning new technologies as required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, take initiative, and manage time while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and adapt to process changes as a result of dynamic office demands.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a post-secondary environment would be considered an asset.
Closing date for applications is October 21, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.