The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Classroom Technology Integration Architect with the Centre for Enhanced Teaching & Learning (CETL). This is a 2-year term full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $52,512 - $68,269 per annum.
This role improves and advances UNB's audio-visual systems architecture, both in teaching & learning and administrative environments.
- Perform/resolve high complexity operational tasks on UNB audio-visual systems.
- Create scalable, reliable, and integrated custom audio-visual architectures with approved direction.
- Collaborate to ensure architecture integration.
- Define architecture performance and compliance metrics.
- Apply audio-visual and control system architectures to new/existing infrastructure. Work collaboratively to identify architectural requirements. Authorize high-impact technology changes.
- Reduce single points of reliance. Identify and provide staff mentoring and training proactively, as appropriate for architectural and control system integrations.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex and difficult issues/requests. Mentor staff on how to resolve them and create/manage AV system architecture documentation and standards.
- Make recommendations based on evolving industry trends and standards. Promote innovation opportunities.
- Provide technical troubleshooting for problems associated with smart classroom, conferencing, and control systems.
- Work with staff in ITS and Network Services to troubleshoot and resolve network problems associated with video conferencing, and a wide variety of classroom technology and infrastructure.
- Provide technical phone support and emergency response for smart classrooms, video conferencing, and control systems during regular office hours.
- Collaborate to design, install, and document smart classrooms, conferencing, and control systems.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of smart classroom and video conferencing equipment.
- Liaise with Classroom Support Specialists in training, classroom requirements, equipment difficulties, and technical problem resolution.
- Interact as part of project teams, or through training, and consultation, for technological purposes.
- Post-secondary diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology or Electronics Engineering Technology from a recognized community college.
- 3-5 years' progressive experience in control system programming, audio-visual design and integration, networking TCP/IP topology and application, and overall electronics engineering and technology knowledge.
- Crestron Certified Programmer designation or prior achievement of "Intermediate Systems Programming" with ability to become fully certified, within two years.
- Any Avixia CTS certification level, would be considered an asset.
- Expertise in Windows OS. Familiar with Macintosh OS and major software packages on Window/Macintosh platforms.
- Familiarity with IP networking, H.320, H.323, and ISDN video conferencing equipment, and presentation and projection devices and systems.
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication skills. Significant mechanical aptitude.
Closing date for applications is October 8, 2021 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.