The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Operations Coordinator with the Canadian Rivers Institute (CRI). This is a full-time (36.25 hours per week) term position ending September 29, 2023, with a salary range of $39.499-$49,375 per annum.
The Operations Coordinator will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Institute, annual events, activities, social media responsibilities, and the coordination of its committees and various agreements.
- Day to day operations of the CRI Office.
- Respond to general inquiries via email, social media, and telephone.
- Oversee the scheduling, organizing, and recording, of various committees.
- Develop work plans/budgets/policies.
- Prepare meeting agenda and all documents. Record minutes for all meetings.
- Develop partnership, service provider, and Science Fellow agreements.
- Gather information required for the development of reports to the CRI Executive and funding agencies.
- Oversee the coordination of annual CRI events/activities, including the communications and marketing.
- Maintain a social media presence on multiple platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter,
- Oversee the upkeep of the contact management databases.
- Responsible for financial tasks such as purchase orders, and invoicing.
- Update and maintain the CRI Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual including the management of all passcodes for various IT tools and accounts.
- Manage the sales of the CRI merchandise. Oversee and manage CRI's office and merchandise inventory.
- Assist with preparation and submission of funding proposals and associated reports.
- Coordinate hiring processes, ensure the training and supervision of staff including co-op students and internships.
- Post-Secondary education in Administration, Marketing, Project Coordination, or related field.
- 3 years of experience overseeing multiple boards, committees, databases, and agreements.
- 2 years of experience in financial management as it related to tracking expenditures and budget management.
- 2 years of experience in marketing and the use of social media.
- Experience with MS Office 365 Suite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Experience with Canva, MailChimp, Webpage Content Management Systems (e.g., SquareSpace) is an asset.
- Background experience or interest in aquatic sciences would be a benefit, but not required.
Closing date for applications is October 8, 2021 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.