The University of New Brunswick welcomes applications for the position of Secretary PL3 with the Alumni Office and Development & Donor Relations. This is a term ending April 30, 2024, part-time (27 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $18.59 - $22.02 per annum.
The position will be based in the Alumni Memorial Building on the Fredericton campus. Supporting the work of two units, the Alumni Office and Development & Donor Relations (DDR), the Secretary PL3 reports on a day-to-day basis to the Administrative Coordinator, of the Associated Alumni/Alumni Office. This position plays an important role in providing front-line service to alumni and donors.
- Greet guests to the Alumni Memorial Building and assist them in the services they require.
- Answer phones for the Alumni Office and DDR and respond appropriately to inquiries.
- Manage flow of email inquiries in department email accounts. Ensure friendly, timely and appropriate responses.
- Periodically support alumni and donor events as a greeter and/or registration desk attendant.
- Enter data in Colleague database and/or CRM related to contact reports and alumni engagement.
- Prepare, format, and edit the In Memoriam, Hither & Yon, and Bookshelf sections of Alumni News Magazine.
- Format and prepare correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director and Director of the units.
- Assist with bulk correspondence. Format, print, label, and stuff letters and other physical direct mailouts.
- Prepare meeting and event materials, such as nametags, schedules, agendas, meeting notes, and minutes.
- Provide support for meetings and events, such as room bookings, virtual meeting support, food needs, etc.
- Occasionally support Administrative Coordinator(s) with travel arrangements for the Directors.
- Support Administrative Coordinator(s) with processing basic internal financial documents.
- Maintain and organize files, both physical and digital, under the direction of the Administrative Coordinator(s).
- Sort and deliver incoming mail to offices in the building. Retrieve outgoing/inter-department mail from the offices and bring to the mailroom for pick up.
- Receive and deliver packages within the building. Liaise with delivery services for pick-up of packages.
- Order, organize, and track office supplies for both offices.
- Coordinate with Facilities Management and other service providers for basic maintenance related to office equipment, furniture, and the building.
- Post-Secondary education paired with 1-3 years in an administrative, reception, or clerical role.
- Experience and a high degree of comfort with Microsoft Office 365, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with data entry, preparing formal correspondence, and standard office equipment.
- Able to connect with a wide variety of people, foster relationships, and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Time and stress management skills, including the ability to prioritize work, manage multiple demands, meet tight deadlines, remain calm during stressful situations, and respond constructively.
- Detail-oriented and able switch readily between a variety of tasks.
- Ability to think on feet to find appropriate, alternate resolutions to problems.
- Occasionally required to work flexible hours during peak periods and important events.
- Ability to function independently without supervision.
Closing date for applications is September 20, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.