The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Technical Support Analyst with the Associate Vice-President (Information Services & Systems). This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $45,210 - $56,511 per annum.
The Technical Support Analyst supports faculty, staff, students, alumni, and visitors in the use of UNB supported software and hardware technologies. This position provides a stable, robust, and current computing environment by maintaining the life cycle of university-owned computing devices. This position is responsible for effective management of small to medium size projects.
- Monitor the Tier 1 and Tier 2 request list; log, classify and prioritize requests, communicate the completion date to the users, analyze and complete the request, perform quality control, and documentation.
- Perform technical support requests on hardware/software on Windows, Linux, or Apple platforms.
- Fulfill requests both remotely and face-to-face.
- Remain current with ITS policies, standards, and on-going technology changes.
- Restore services following Tier 1 and Tier 2 incidents. Apply known fixes, prioritize, and categorize incidents to prevent outages. Investigate, resolve, or escalate incidents to Tier 3, validate the resolution, and maintain the documentation.
- Recommend and quote computer configurations that meet requested needs, place the order, receive computers, prepare computer with standard UNB image, install any additional software required, and perform data transfer.
- Dispose and document decommissioned technology following UNB policies and department standards.
- Liaise with the audio-visual, educational technology, and student technology support teams to ensure that the technology in the classrooms and labs are installed and maintained.
- Communicate with faculty on their needs, work with other ITS teams to procure hardware/software licensing, installation, maintenance, and daily support.
- Educate users on IT issues and promote self-sufficiency.
- Provide/seek ideas, participate in departmental and university activities, and positively represent ISS.
- Participate in project teams as an effective team member. Complete independent projects successfully and on time.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, or Community College Diploma in a technology field.
- 5 years' related technology work experience and at least two (2) years of customer service.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows, Macintosh, and Linux operating systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience managing small to medium size projects.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize work, apply evolving departmental standards, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changes in work and technical environments.
- Exercise initiative to independently learn new technologies.
Closing date for applications is September 15, 2021 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.