The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Secretary PL4 (Programs Assistant) with the Faculty of Management. This is a one-year term, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the SALAC employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $20.45 - $23.75 per hour.
This position provides administrative support to the BBA and MBA offices in the form of clerical duties, student advising and assistance, program application evaluations, and more. This position also maintains a high level of accuracy while dealing with multiple requests and applications.
- Advise potential and current International students and Pathway program students.
- Assist with assessments for transfer credits for pathway and transfer students.
- Register PAEP and Exchange students.
- Assist with advising BBA students.
- Advise Certificate students.
- Attend Academic Advising Committee meetings.
- Assist with signing open-entry course forms.
- Evaluate, prioritize, track and asses graduate & undergraduate applications from potential students.
- Maintain accounting records, general ledgers, process departmental transfers, purchase orders, and cheque requisitions for the MBA office.
- Process Advanced Standing (AS) applications for accepted students.
- Respond to general inquiries by phone, email or MS Teams.
- Monitor and respond to general office email accounts when needed.
- Maintain and update records.
- General office administrative duties.
- Cover reception area when required.
- Post-secondary education required in a related field. Undergraduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years' administrative experience in a progressively responsible role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written) with the ability to interact with diverse client group.
- Ability to work and contribute to a team environment and independently with a high degree of autonomy and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment, discretion, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of the UNB community, policies and procedures would be an asset.
Closing date for applications is September 10, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.