The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Clinical Pandemic Support Nurse with the Student Health Centre. This is a full-time (36.25 hours per week) term position ending December 31, 2021. The position is funded by the University Budget and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
This position will be under the supervision and direction of the Nurse Practitioner.
- Support the completion of the planning and implementation of a Pandemic Testing Program at the University of New Brunswick Saint John Campus.
- Hand out Point of Care test kits to participants, staff Testing Centre, provide support to those completing the point-of-care testing.
- Carry out day-to-day tasks as required by the Nurse Practitioner.
- Provide appropriate customer service to members of the University community.
- Maintain confidential record of activities.
- Liaise with university professionals and community agencies.
- Provide confidential consultation with faculty, staff, and students regarding their test results.
- Troubleshoot IT concerns related to the Reporting app.
- Provide PCR testing as required. This includes distribution and/or delivery of testing kits, where necessary.
- In-person and electronic assessment/vetting of vaccination records and/or test results into the system.
- Liaise with Occupational Health & Safety to collect and dispose of medical waste.
- RN degree or LPN Certificate along with 2 years' experience in medical setting.
- Registration with NANB or ANBLPN.
- Strong communication skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with people from units across a large institution and at all levels of that institution.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work cooperatively with other members of a team.
- Experience in post-secondary setting an asset.
- A commitment to privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to learn new technology and provide detailed information to IT support about potential concerns and issues.
- Flexible work schedule, incumbents will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Closing date for applications is September 9, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.