The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Executive Assistant with the University Secretariat. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with the APT employee group. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $41,615 - $52,026 per annum.
The Executive Assistant supports the University Secretary and other members of the office through a broad range of administrative functions such as meeting/event coordination, responding to and/or directing general inquiries, distribution of meeting materials, processing financial forms, and other related functions as required.
- Respond to general inquiries via phone and email. Provide information or re-direct to relevant staff members/offices as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to the University Secretary and other team members; schedule meetings, circulate notices, maintain records system, arrange travel, complete financial and other forms, process mail, maintain and order supplies. Ensure urgent or time-sensitive matters are dealt with expediently.
- Act as first point of contact for the Student Disciplinary Committee (SDC).
- Conduct preliminary evaluations of student complaints, draft correspondence, provide advice to the Chair of the SDC on routine questions, and coordinate with financial services on fines, if required.
- Ensure case files are transferred to the appropriate person and process decisions from SDC. Prepare and send notification documents to the respondent.
- Provide support to new and returning Board members. Set up within meeting system, assist Board members with University processes such as travel claims and respond to general questions about the functioning of Board Committees and the Board itself.
- Compile and distribute meeting materials; manage meetings/event logistics, book rooms, arrange food, ensure equipment and other technical requirements are met.
- Maintain up-to-date electronic records.
- Produce the Board handbook and maintain Board and Secretariat Webpages.
- Other duties as assigned by the University Secretary.
- Post-secondary Diploma in Office Administration or related filed. A University degree is preferred.
- Five years' related experience in executive office environment.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of discretion, professionalism, and diplomacy in a friendly manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the University community and adapt to constantly changing demands.
- Experience dealing with sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Working knowledge of university policies, procedures and governing system would be an asset.
Closing date for applications is September 13, 2021 4:30PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.