The University of New Brunswick Saint John welcomes applications for the position of Student Success Coordinator with Student Services. This is a continuing full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $44,556 - $55,695 per annum.
The Student Success Coordinator (SCC) is a component of Student Services and facilitates the work of supporting students. The SSC coordinates financial aid for students, academic coaching, and other programs that support continued and successful enrolment.
- Work closely with students to support financial literacy and budgeting to achieve an understanding of students' individual levels of financial need.
- Oversee the emergency loan program, the emergency bursary program, funds awarded through Development & Donor Relations (DDR), and other related financial aid related resources. Maintain student aid applications related to the funds.
- Act as UNB Saint John's contact for Student Employment and Career Development.
- Facilitate student employment on campus through the Student Work Grant program, the Canada Summer Jobs program, and select SEED funding.
- Liaise with the Experiential Learning Office, and academic advisors, to provide support in career advising and experiential learning opportunities.
- Coordinate visiting professional associations and bodies to campus to help inform students of career opportunities (LSAT reps, MCAT reps, etc.), as needed.
- Conduct group and 1-on-1 sessions on resume building, interview preparation, and similar topics.
- Support overarching student integration activities of the campus.
- Manage and operationalize delivery of the events/services for student integration at select times of the year, under the direction of the Chairperson.
- Operationalize plans and delivery for student orientation activities. Serve as a key staff member on the committee.
- Support the ongoing, and newly developed, Student Success Initiatives of the university as well as special projects that arise from time to time.
- Perform general duties as assigned.
- University undergraduate degree. Minimum three years' experience or combination of education and experience.
- Must have an awareness of the PSE process.
- Ability to prioritize and perform work with minimal supervision.
- Strong skillset in MS Office 365.
- Strong Interpersonal skills. Empathetic, student centered, and a strong administrator.
- Knowledge and experience of working with post-secondary students an asset.
- Normal work hours are during business hours, but peak times require flexibility as needed.
Closing date for applications is September 8, 2021 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.