The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Infrastructure Analyst Technologist with Information Technology Services (ITS). This is a continuing, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $45,210 - $56,511 per annum. A market differential may apply.
ITS provides UNB with professional information and communication technology services, leadership, and expertise to ensure the UNB community can achieve its goals with the support of the best technologies of today and advances of tomorrow.
- Using hand tools and test instruments, test, terminate and repair data jacks and equipment on the UNB Fredericton network.
- Install, move, change equipment, such as switches, UPSs in data communication rooms.
- Provide timely and professional daily operational support for UNB's network infrastructure.
- Investigate/troubleshoot and resolve, escalate or coordinate the resolution of network infrastructure issues and security anomalies.
- Complete assigned tasks, serve as an escalation point for unresolved issues.
- Provide knowledgeable network infrastructure consultation internally for ITS and for UNB researchers, faculty and staff.
- Identify needs, apply UNB infrastructure and security standards, research options, analyze results, provide input on threat risk assessments, and present recommendations for approval.
- Provide timely assistance in the design of network infrastructure installations, layouts and networks.
- Monitor, analyze and report on the network infrastructure. Check logs, receive automated system alerts, monitor technical and security lists, collect and analyze metrics and create performance, capacity and other reports.
- Contribute to successful personal and team performance.
- Participate in project teams as an effective team member. Complete independent projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a Data Communications focus or Computer Engineering.
- Two years' related work experience with operating technical infrastructure such as: UPS, server racks, switches, wireless access points, routers, cabling, VoIP technologies and firmware upgrades.
- Competent using various operating systems, as well as systems, network, data centre and data storage technologies.
- Familiar with and able to apply applicable Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) standards and standards related to working safely around electricity. Working knowledge of network security an asset.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Flexibility in working hours including participation in occasional scheduled on-call after hours support and time shifting. Participation in after-hours emergency response.
- Ability to prioritize work, apply departmental standards and meet deadlines.
- Adaptability to changes in work environment, welcome and learn technology changes. Independently learn new technologies.
- Occasional travel required.
Closing date for applications is September 14, 2021 4:30PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.