The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of On-Campus Recruiter with Student Recruitment. This is a leave-replacement term ending January 20, 2023, full-time (36.25 hours per week) position with a salary range of $37,162 - $46,454 per annum.
Reporting to the Recruitment Manager, this position is responsible for planning and implementing the campus tour program. The On-Campus Recruiter assists the Client Service team in providing ongoing, timely, and personalized communication to undergraduate prospective students, applicants, parents, and other key stakeholders. This position will have a close working relationship with other members of the recruitment team, faculties and departments on the Fredericton and Saint John campuses.
- Develop and implement an annual plan for an innovative and professional campus tour program for UNB.
- Assist in monitoring tour program budget.
- Research campus tour programs at other institutions.
- Organize and conduct tours of the Fredericton campus with undergraduate prospective students on a daily basis, occasionally six days/week.
- Develop tour guide script, handbooks, and hand-outs.
- Conduct and manage follow-up tour evaluations.
- Recruit current student ambassadors to assist the tour program.
- Liaise with residence staff, faculties, and departments involved with the campus tour program.
- Manage all campus tour program reporting, including bi-weekly, monthly, and annual tour program reports, with the assistance of other Client Service personnel.
- Follow prospective students through inquiry to enrolment, developing a relationship by responding to their needs and communicating with them as required.
- Assist with prospective student inquiries. Pack and mail information kits.
- Data entry of prospective student information.
- Assist in the development and implementation of innovative recruitment initiatives and events both on and off campus.
- Assist other recruitment and client service staff in the execution of their responsibilities as needed.
- Perform general office, administrative, and other duties as required.
- A recent UNB degree and knowledge of UNB.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Organizational skills a must.
- Experience in client service with a "can do" client service attitude.
- Proactive and self-motivated. Proven ability to meet deadlines and provide quick reaction to requests.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and conducting tours.
- Ability to work well with high school and university students.
- Proficient with computers, including Windows environment, email programs, internet browsers, word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Able to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel.
Closing date for applications is August 12, 2021 4:00PM.
This position is covered by the terms and conditions contained in the Collective Agreement negotiated between UNB and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551.
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.