The University of New Brunswick Fredericton welcomes applications for the position of Administrative Assistant with Faculty of Science. This is a term (until April 30, 2022) part-time (variable hours per week) position. The position is funded by the University Budget with a salary range of $15.00 -$18.00 per hour.
The incumbent will be required to provide administrative support to the Dean's office within the Faculty of Science.
- Data entry, collection, and filing
- Logistical support for recruitment and retention events including but not limited to room and equipment booking
- Word processing
- A diploma in Business Administration with 1 year of experience in an office setting would be considered an asset.
- Familiar with general office procedure and software including Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Work independently, and still support a diverse team within the Dean's office, be self-motivated, adaptable and have effective communication skills.
- Be able to meet a flexible schedule with a maximum of 20 hours per week depending on the projects and events occurring.
Closing date for applications is August 9, 2021 4:00PM. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.